Google
 

Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Final Shoe Decision (I think!)

Alrighty....enough fooling around this morning. I figured I would at least try to get a financial post on here today!

For those of you who have been following my shoe dilemma, I've made a decision. BUT, there's a possibility that I will buy one more pair of shoes "just in case." I know, I know, for someone who is still $10,000 in debt, it does not sound like frugal to purchase TWO pairs of shoes to take to a wedding. But here's the deal - both pairs are from Zappos so I pay no shipping, EITHER WAY. How awesome is that?! So, if I don't wear the heels to the reception, I can send them back. I should be getting the flip-flops on Monday, so if I think those are cute enough, I probably will just stick with those, and kept that other $65 to myself!

Oh, you might be wondering how I went from looking at stilettos to flip-flops . . . . well, it's a beach wedding. So we will be barefoot. But I need some sort of shoes to wear to the sand, because it's just nasty AND painful to walk on pavement barefoot (trust me, I know). But all of the other bridesmaids are wearing flip flops to the reception - comfort over fashion in this case. And honestly, it's probably a lot safer that way!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yeah, wearing stilettos in the sand will definitely ruin them. i went to an outdoor wedding and saw the girls in heels regret wearing them. I had wisely decided to wear platform sandals. Looks like you didn't spend too much, so I'll let it slide. :P besides, I kinda went off the deep end with the spending too. eeks!