Google
 

Friday, August 31, 2007

Somebody Stop Me . . . .

One would think my money troubles wouldn't find me at the beach . . . oh, but they have! Okay, so it's not really money trouble, but my NEED for a purchase! So it is actually a need - I need a pair of shoes to wear to my best friend's reception. The bridesmaids are getting off pretty easily, as we get to go barefoot during the ceremony. And although we can just wear "flip-flops" to the reception, the dress will look a lot better on me if I wear heels. So I've been doing a bit of searching this afternoon while basking in the sun (must have tan for wedding too)! Please recall a past post of the $185 J. Crew shoes that I wanted. I'm actually over those, and have found a pair less than half that price. But does that make it okay to buy a $70 pair of shoes for an one-hour occassion??? Side note: I'm secretly hoping that someone will tell me it's okay. The Captain's told me he would spring for them because he likes them and technically he does have the right to his opinion on this as he will be accompanying me. But I really need to pay for these shoes on my own - maybe if I decide to blow that $$$ on these, next time I will have learned my lesson????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find a way to get them if you really want them.

Sell some stuff on eBay to pay for them...that's what I do. Or have a garage sale. Just set some stuff outside, you will be amazed how many people come by. Just bring out a table and people show up!

ANYTHING BUT CHARGING!!

krystalatwork said...

I agree with Leighann. If you MUST have the shoes, then find a way to buy them without charging them. eBay is a great way to sell some stuff off (and I think they have free listings right now). You can also try selling CDs/DVDs at local used CD/DVD stores. A garage sale is a great idea if you have the time and energy for one.

Just don't add to your debt for a pair of shoes you'll only wear once.

Michelle said...

Still that's $70! If you *know* you're not going to wear them again, that's too much to spend. Spend that much on a pair that you can wear with other stuff, otherwise shop for a cheaper pair at Payless Shoe Source or Target. The quality is not there usually, but they'll look good for the hour you're wearing them. OR, look around the sales. Sandals are getting marked down since it will soon be Autumn.