Google
 

Saturday, August 18, 2007

$100 Bonus!

I found a really cool deal from Poorer Than You. It's a $100 bonus for opening a Citibank Ultimate Savings Account! No minimum deposit and the account earns 4.75% interest. The $100 bonus offer is valid through 08/31/07. Yes, I'll admit, I am a bit skeptical - but hey, I just put $5 into a savings account earning 4.75% interest, so it's not like it will be a waste of money if I don't get the bonus (but I really hope I do)! The terms say to allow up to 90 days to see the money posted to your account. I suppose I could use this account for my Christmas spending money, so that 100 bucks would help a lot if it showed up by November!

I definitely will keep you guys posted!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Good luck on your blog, and great job on changing your finances! Thanks for the post. Keep it up :)

Budgeting Babe

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that the Citi account is for real! It's not as user-friendly as, say, ING, but still, I'm earning interest and I got the $100 credited to my account a little over a month after I opened it. :) Good luck with your finances!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the link! I like the idea of making it a "Christmas money" account!

I hope that $100 finds that way to your account. Here's a tip: Mark 90 days from when you opened the account on your calendar. When that day rolls around, if you haven't gotten your bonus, just send Citi's customer service an email or give them a call.

I didn't have to do that for Citi, but I did have to do it when E*trade offered a similar $25 bonus, and as soon as I emailed them, they got right on it and put my bonus is my account.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I just signed up.