Google
 

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Update: Family Planning

So if you've read my posts the past few days, you know I have been thinking about the how/when/if I will know about starting a family - financially, emotional, etc.

Well, that was shot to hell this morning. I KNOW I'm not ready now! I'm so not ready to devote early AMs to kids :) Since I set my own schedule @ work, I am not used to the 5:30 and 6:00 wake-up times. It's only been two days .... and they're about to kill me!

I thought for sure we would be sleeping in this morning, until at least 6:30 or so. Since last night was the first night I've been comfortable enough to sleep well, it was a nice feeling. Ruined this morning @ 6:05 with the sounds of the bedroom door knob jiggling. Groaning, I got up to unlock the door and let little man in. He didn't get to bed last night until 10 pm, I mean that's crazy - what was he doing up at 6 am?? I understand now why the sex life of new parents is pretty much non-existent for the first three years after a child is born! Definitely want to enjoy marriage for at least a few years without the pitter-patter of little feet.

We tried to get little man to chill in bed with us, to "go back to sleep." It worked for all of maybe 10 minutes. We were encouraged with phrases like, "it's morning time," "time to eat waffles." Knowing it was a lost cause, I gave the Captain the mission of keeping little man occupied with watching"Diego" while I took a shower. Sounds simple enough, right? Five minutes into the shower, little man comes into the bathroom to go "pee pee." What is it with men - of all ages - having to come in the bathroom while a female is showering?? That is one for the nurture vs. nature debate. I mean, I only needed the bathroom to myself for 10 minutes!

So now we've been up and running since 6:15 this morning, with no naps in sight :(

Must remind myself of how much money this weekend is worth . . . . . . .

1 comment:

South County Girl said...

the first 2 weeks will be hell, but after that they get "normal"

i have to be in the building by 5:15am M/W/F and Sat/Sun by 6:45am...

the first 2 weeks suck because its abnormal... [especially when your friends want to see a movie at 10pm!] but eventually u learn to deal