Google
 

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Material Girl

It's really no wonder debt is just a large problem in today's society. This morning, on my way to work, I had so many guys check me out. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily mind when guys check me out, unless that make inappropriate comments. Today, however, it was a different story. It was only because I was driving a car that is like worth more than my life! "It's not my car!" I want to scream at them, but now I've decided to count how many glances I get over the next few days. They don't even look to see the car seats in the back! Oh well, I just needed to vent. I'll let you know what the outcome of my little experiment is.

You think it would be fun driving a cool car for a few days, but it just makes me nervous! Last week at work, my car was a victim of a "hit and run." So this morning I was thinking, "crap, where I am going to park a $50,000 car???" My co-worker just purchased a new car back in the winter and she always parks in the last spot in our lot. For some reason today she parked one spot over, so I pulled in next to her. So if there are any gray scratches - I'll know it's her :)

So the moral to my story is that we are too materialistic! I'm one of them - I'm not trying to say I'm not. That's why I am trying to change my ways and not be so obsessed with money and "things." In fact, one of the reasons I am trying to get out of debt is so I can purchase a new car - but trust me, it won't be a Lexus!

2 comments:

The DC Centurion said...

What car were you driving? And who's?

Anonymous said...

Why not be comfortable driving a Lexus if that's what your husband wants to purchase for you?