Google
 

Friday, August 17, 2007

Slim Hips

So a weird thing is happening .... it seems the more debt I pay off, the further my jeans and skirts slip down my hips. It's not like I am living off of Ramen or anything, I've just curbed my fast food habits (even though I am eating Wendy's as I type). It's typically a good thing when your clothes fit looser, but in the past, I would have looked at it as a reason to purchase a new wardrobe. Obviously, I'm not going to do that, I've worked too hard the last two months making major leeway in my credit card balances. I must fess up though, while out running errands, I did stop at the mall and purchased two new pairs of jeans. Before I get flambasted, I got a really good deal - and it's one I've actually been "shopping around" for. And autumn is just around the corner - so technically jeans are a necessity. My favorite jeans store occasionally runs "Buy One Get One 50% Off" sales. I had a $5 off coupon that expires Sunday, but I've been waiting to use it until they were running a sale. Realizing I needed to do something about covering my shrinking hips, I decided to check for a sale today. And lucky me, today was the day! So I got two pair of jeans for 40 bucks total - tax and everything! Now really, can you beat $20 per pair!? I don't think so. So I actually don't feel guilty about my purchase. It feels good knowing that I waited to make this purchase and waited until I could get the best deal for something I needed! Who knows, I may become a savvy shopper just yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your link on the debt support board (ivillage). I was thinking about doing the same thing...making a blog about paying off debt. You are very inspiring! Keep up the great blog!

Anonymous said...

That is a really great deal! And I think you were wise to wait until you could get a good deal on them before shelling out the cash!

BTW, I found your blog on via the iVillage debt support message board! Keep up the great work, you will get there!

PayingForPlaying said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I try to update at least daily, so check back! And thanks for the kudos on the great deals on the jeans! My skirt was literally falling off today!