Google
 

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Online Bill Pay Day!

So today's pay day, and since it is my second paycheck of the month - that means it's time to pay bills! Fun stuff, I know.

I don't think I've mentioned my plan, but it is to use my "middle of the month" paycheck to pay all of my bills, and apply all of my other one to my debt. It's been working well for me the past couple of months, so I think I'll stick with it.

So today was the day. I shelled out $470 in "minimum" payments to my creditors, and the crazy thing is, it really wasn't too painful. My little system is working, and I'm happy about it. I'm not late on payments anymore and I really don't miss the money - by going ahead and applying it to my debt, I don't have time to stew over what I want to buy with it. It's wild that a material girl like myself has become frugal (okay, maybe "frugal" is a bit harsh)!

One of the best things I've found is online banking. I know I will sound like a Bank of America commercial, but it literally took me less than 10 minutes to send payments out to all 10 of my accounts! It's great not having to run to the post office to pick up stamps or wait to pay a bill because you ran out. Heck, it's even a savings of over $4 a month - that's 50 bucks a year in stamps - who knew!

No comments: