Google
 

Monday, August 20, 2007

She Works Hard For The Money

Alrighty, so this weekend was utterly exhausting, but I made killer money - and I am way excited about that! Was it worth being so worn out? Yeah, I guess so. I mean, it wasn't hard work - babysitting isn't too hard but man, kids wake up waaaay to early! I had wonderful company, so that was definitely a plus, and the kids were good, so no REAL complaints out of me!

I can't believe how excited I was to make a $200 payment to my credit card today - I used to dread that kind of stuff! A little secret .... I kept $100 for myself (for pampering at the salon this week, but hey, I really feel I earned it)! I even made an extra $32 I hadn't budgeted for - so I am probably going to put that in my EF.

I also cooked lunch for our monthly board meeting today, so I will be getting about $115 from that (hopefully tomorrow) - that will go straight to my credit card. Lunch was awesome today (because I made it) and we had birthday cake - can't beat a free lunch like that!

So, all in all, it has been a very profitable 4 or 5 days for me - basically reducing my debt by around $300! I mean, I couldn't have asked for a better money-making weekend - unless I wanted to strip or something - and that's not happening any time soon (sorry fellas).

I'm kind of getting addicted to making $$$. Is this a bad thing? Oh, I almost forgot, two of my pieces for Associated Content were accepted too - so I should be getting around $14 in my PayPal account in the next few days (I'll let you know when they are posted)!

So if any of you have new ideas for making money - please share! Besides working full-time and babysitting on the side, I'm toying with various things on the web - surveys, "writing" for Associated Content, etc. I'm even giving Google Adsense a whirl - as you probably can tell with all the ads you see on my blog! I have to admit, I'm not so sure about it - it doesn't look like I'm making much from it. It seems to pay for the number of clicks per ad (hint, hint, nudge, nudge). If any of you are actually MAKING MONEY with AdSense, please share your optimization techniques!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to share a website with you from a woman who is following Dave Ramsey's plan, and is doing a whole bunch of things online to make money. She also uses google adsense, and is very helpful with telling people how to maximize their earnings and to give tips for earning even more. Hope this helps you out!!!! I don't have a clue about it, but I admire her for being able to earn $1500-$3000/month all online!!!
http://www.mydebtfreegoal.com/

PayingForPlaying said...

Thanks so much for sharing! Definitely will be checking that out! And hopefully blogging about it!