Google
 

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Money-Making Gigs

So I have a debt-pay down plan, and it's a pretty good one, if I do say so myself. I want to be debt-free within 9 months, but as I am not a patient person, I want to do everything I can to get out faster!

I've been reading online about all these "get rich quick" gimmicks. I've decided to try a few, and I will keep you all updated.

First are the paid surveys. Sounds too good to be true, right? I've been using Inbox Dollars and Send Earnings. My advice to anyone who tries these, create a junk e-mail account. Also, you have to give them a phone number, I gave my cell number - now I wish I would have given my work fax number - but I just ignore the call when I see it is an unfamiliar long-distance number. Basically you "get paid" to read e-mails and take surveys. It's a bit tedious, but it's something you can do during lunch or in the evenings, or like me, when you are bored at work. You have to accumulate at least $30 in your account before you can request a payment. I have $18 and some change in one an $19 and some change in another (after about 2 weeks of reading e-mails and taking surveys). I will let you know when I am finally able to request payment, but definitely if I ever receive it!

The other thing I have found is Associated Content. Basically you get paid to submit original pieces of work -articles, videos, slide shows. I just ran across this the other day. I submitted my first piece of work this morning: An Early Bird's Guide to Destin Dinners. I will let you all know if it gets published. I don't claim myself to be much of a writer, and I'm not ready to do anything very personal, but we'll see what happens. Who knows, I may love giving my opinion on everything :)

I also created an Adsense account through Google yesterday. Supposedly you can make money through blogging (you may notice a couple of ads on here), I'm not holding my breath on that though. But like all the others, I'll keep you posted on its money-making potential.

Other than that, I'm paying off my debt the old-fashioned way - working full-time. Blah. It doesn't help much working in non-profit - you definitely aren't paid what you are worth! Once I pay off my debt though (and maybe before), I plan to go back into advertising :) I am money-oriented, whether I am spending it or making it, but in no-profit, you do neither! I also do some small jobs on the side (every thing's legal, I promise).

I'll be back to post my debt stats later, so you call can see the progress I make!

No comments: