Google
 

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Really Pissed

Okay, I just got off the phone with Victoria's Secret. They so are not my favorite store anymore! I think I mentioned in my post yesterday that I got my APR lowered - from 22.80% to 9.90% - so I thought that would make several dollars difference in the minimum payment. Last month my minimum was $105, so I was still expecting to pay $105 this month, hoping that I would pay down my balance a little bit since the interest rate was more than cut by half.

So imagine my surprise just now when I checked my updated account online to find my minimum was $135! What the hell??? You better believe I was on the phone to them ASAP. Come to find out I was on a "low-payment plan." What the hell that is, I still don't know. It's nothing I ever asked to be put on. I suppose it might be that I had a large balance with a high APR and they wanted to make as much money off of me as possible??? Sounds about right for a credit card! Now I am on the "normal" payment plan - I guess for "regular" people - I haven't decided if I am offended by that or not yet.

In the long run, this will benefit me - I am paying more with a lower APR. But I was still very shocked by this. So I'm slowly getting over it. And it's not like I have a problem paying that, it's $30 I hadn't exactly budgeted for, but oh well.

Wow, two vents in a row, not exactly the best of mornings so far! I'm not exactly sure what the moral of this story is. There wasn't any fine print on my letter stating I was receiving a lower APR. I guess I will wait and see if it's stated on my new statement when it comes - I'll keep y'all updated
.

No comments: