Google
 

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Wiener Dog Races

Okay, so this might have been the craziest thing I've been to in a while! It was SO MUCH FUN though! And let me just tell ya, I suck at betting on wieners as much as I suck at betting on horses! The Captain wasn't even able to help me out on this one (and he raises thoroughbreds)! So, yeah, I lost some $$$$. But it all went to charity, and it was less than 20 bucks, so I'm not really upset with myself about it - still cheaper than going to a bar for the night! On a side note (that comment just reminded me of something) - I used to compare how much "other activities" cost to how much it cost for a night out at the bar. That's bad. In college, I rarely went to the movies - unless on a date or to the $1 movies - because I could go to the bars and spend that much. Luckily I've changed my ways - I just let guys buy my drinks :) haha.

Back to the races. They were way too cute. I've decided I want a wiener dog now. I've been thinking about what kind of dog I want when I get my own place. And I think that's it - if I get an apartment. Of course, if I get a house, I will get a big dog. I don't want a stereotypical "single girl" dog, like a chihuahua or yorkie (no offense to anyone who owns either, they're just not for me). I know, I know, I need to wait until I get my debt in control before I take on the responsibility of a dog. Trust me, I know, there's a lot of research I need to do, and I want awhile to figure out how in the heck to housetrain a dog (I've onlyhad outside dogs before)!

So anyone out there with a dachshund, let me know what you think and gimm the inside scoop!

No comments: